Barbara is an investor, entrepreneur, and Founder & CEO of The Virtual Hub – a business she started by accident that exploded in its first 12 months to become one of the leading companies that recruits, trains and manages virtual assistants in the digital marketing and social media space for businesses who need to free up time and energy so they can go to the next level.
The company’s mission is to eradicate small business overwhelm and pave the way for more businesses to scale successfully using offshore team strategies.
Barbara is also Mum to Ruby & Alexander, wife to her best friend Eti and an adventure lover with a passion for horses, skiing, tennis and timeout in nature.
Key Points in the Conversation with Teri of Talking with Teri:
- How Barbara started her virtual assistant business
- What’s the biggest challenge that Barbara Turley faced when building The Virtual Hub
- Why delegation is important
- What’s the biggest challenge that entrepreneurs have about delegating to a virtual assistant
- Why having the right systems and structures in your business is important
- How to be a successful business owner while being a mom
“A business is a machine, whether we like it or not, it has impact, and it can be beautiful. But the machine element is something most business owners shy away from, and its operations. And if you want to delegate effectively, you first must have the right operational framework, such that you can plug anybody into it”