Barbara Turley from The Virtual Hub shares why she’s passionate about the remote work revolution, what she’ll be covering as an expert on the Remote Business Summit, and her courage story.
Barbara is an investor, entrepreneur and Founder & CEO of The Virtual Hub – a business she started by accident that exploded in its first 12 months to become one of the leading companies that recruits, trains and manages virtual assistants in the digital marketing and social media space for businesses who need to free up time and energy so they can go to the next level.
The company’s mission is to eradicate small business overwhelm and pave the way for more businesses to scale successfully using offshore team strategies.
Barbara is also Mum to Ruby & Alexander, wife to her best friend Eti and an adventure lover with a passion for horses, skiing, tennis and timeout in nature.
Key Points in the Conversation with Founders Connect Podcast with Cindy Pham and Anfernee Chansamooth:
- The biggest scariest decision I’ve made is starting a business in a country where I never been to which is the Philippines.
- When I took the business more seriously I realized I should make everyone an employee and launch the business seriously and so I launched the Philippine company and went to office-based and moved away from remote work-from-home.
- The concept of remote means everything from a large corporations that have remote offshore teams that maybe in an office.
- If you will hire a remote staff, workers or remote employee, take it seriously as you would if you were in a large corporation hiring people in the office in a big city.
- Have a process on how you are going to recruit a remote employee deeper than to chat. A deep dive approach on background check and cultural approach