Barbara Turley is an investor, entrepreneur, and Founder & CEO of The Virtual Hub - a business she started by accident that exploded in the space of 12 months to become one of the leading companies that recruits, trains, and manages virtual assistants for businesses who need to free up time and energy so they can go to the next level. With a strong focus on customized training and ongoing career development, Barbara ensures that her team is trained in cutting-edge programs (like Hubspot, Ontraport, etc.) to best meet their clients’ unique needs in digital marketing, social media, personal assistant services, and administrative support.
Key Points in the Conversation with Robin Waite of The Fearless Business Podcast:
- How to confidently and successfully use virtual assistants to scale your business
- Why outsourcing with virtual assistants is the new Lean Business Model
- How Barbara built a business and had a baby at the same time with high-quality virtual assistants
- The 10 best productivity apps that you and your VA can use to get more done
- When should you fire your virtual assistant?
- Think you only have 5 hours of work to delegate to a virtual assistant? Think again
- The 5 reasons you fail with a virtual assistant - and how to fix it
“Delegation is part of operations as is automations, and systems and all that kind of thing. But if you don't invest the time, energy and money actually in trying to master that as a skill. Even if it's just you on your own in the business, you end up paying dearly for it and you pay in frustration, and you pay an irritation”
“Part of being greater delegation is accepting that when you start doing it first and you start in this game, there will be moments for the business will have to slow down for a second so that you can transition or you can make a decision or you pull someone out and put someone new in”