Barbara Turley is an investor, entrepreneur and Founder & CEO of The Virtual Hub — a business she started by accident that exploded in the space of 12 months to become one of the leading companies that recruits, trains and manages virtual assistants in the digital marketing and social media space for businesses who need to free up time and energy so they can go to the next level.
Barbara is also a mom (to her daughter and son), a wife (to her best friend, Eti), and an adventure lover with a passion for horses, skiing, tennis, and time out in nature.
“The owner has to be the conductor of the orchestra. You’re not playing the instruments, but you’re the one driving it.” – Barbara Turley
Key Points in the Conversation with Eventual Millionaire with Jaime Master:
- How crazy do the systems have to be when you start to hire a VA
- Sample tools to use in implementing your systems and processes
- How to have efficient and effective communication with your VAs
- Recruitment tips in hiring the right VA
- When should you fire your VA
- How often to do the “How it’s going?” call with your VAs
- Learn how Barbara built a business and had a baby at the same time with high-quality VAs
- Reasons you fail with a VA (And how to fix it)
- It’s about leading people correctly, which is a mistake a lot of people make
- First thing I would suggest is before you go hiring a VA in the Philippines, it’s probably a good idea to map out what exactly that role is going to entail
- My first tip about firing people is to hire better. Take more time to hire better. Now, you will fire a few people
- The power of singular focus with a sense of urgency