“Not making a decision is the worst thing you can do. You never know whether you’re going to make a right or wrong decision, but making no decision is worse. You make a decision and then it triggers the next decision. And as long as you keep moving forward and you keep deciding and making decisions, then you’re in flow, you’re moving and eventually you get a feel for where you’re going and whether you need to change tack. But staying in indecision and doing nothing is terrible. You’re sitting on the fence of life and you’re not playing the game.”
Barbara is an investor, entrepreneur and Founder & CEO of The Virtual Hub – a business she started by accident that exploded in the space of 12 months to become one of the leading companies that recruits, trains and manages virtual assistants in the digital marketing and social media space for businesses who need to free up time and energy so they can go to the next level. Barbara is also Mum to her gorgeous daughter Ruby, wife to her best friend Eti and an adventure lover with a passion for horses, skiing, tennis and time out in nature.
Key Points in the Conversation with Discover Your Talent:
- Not making a decision is the worst thing you can do. You never know whether you’re going to make a right or wrong decision, but making no decision is worse because you are merely sitting on the fence of life and not playing the game.
- Always remember that you can be anything you want to be in life, but you have to figure that out on your own.
- Nobody knows you like you—not your family, your friends, your school, the organizations you work for. Listen to yourself.
- It’s not always easy, but dig deep to find the strength and courage to follow your intuition.
- Just because you have a talent for something doesn’t mean you need to do it.
- Your life and career path is never linear. Don’t expect it to be.
- Stay open to the ideas and input from the people around you. You never know where that off-the-cuff recommendation may lead.