Barbara Turley is an investor, entrepreneur, and Founder & CEO of The Virtual Hub – a business she started by accident that exploded in the space of 12 months to become one of the leading companies that recruits, trains, and manages virtual assistants for businesses who need to free up time and energy so they can go to the next level. With a strong focus on customized training and ongoing career development, Barbara ensures that her team is trained in cutting-edge programs (like Hubspot, Ontraport, etc.) to best meet their clients’ unique needs in digital marketing, social media, personal assistant services, and administrative support.
Key Points in the Conversation with The Business Power Hour with Deb Krier:
- Barbara shared the story of “accidentally” launching the business
- What you need to do before you hire anyone
- Mindset shift. The stop doing list and start doing list
- Developing trust with your VA
- Meeting vs Chat. Delivering effective feedback vs slamming someone because they made a mistake.
- The Virtual Hub: Recruit, Train, and Manage.
- Process development and Onboarding – Why you should hire VAs
- Delegation game
- Different levels of a VA at The Virtual Hub and what they do.