Virtual Assistants to help you run and grow your small business with Barbara Turley. Barbara explains how to leverage virtual assistants for your business, including how to work effectively with VAs and the importance of developing systems and processes which a virtual assistant can help you execute. Barbara also shares her interesting entrepreneurial journey, from a highly successful 15-year career in the financial markets to launching her latest venture The Virtual Hub – one of the leading companies that recruits, trains and manages offshore virtual assistants in the digital marketing and social media space for businesses who need to free up time and energy so they can go to the next level.
Barbara is an investor, entrepreneur and the founder & CEO of The Virtual Hub – a business she started by accident that exploded in the space of 12 months to become one of the leading companies that recruits, trains and manages virtual assistants in the digital marketing and social media space for businesses who need to free up time and energy so they can go to the next level.
During her 15 year financial markets career she was a trader for some of the world’s largest investment banks, successfully traded her own money, managed relationships with some of Australia’s largest wealth management businesses and became an early stage investor in a number of very successful, disruptive financial services companies.
Barbara lives in Sydney, Australia.
Key Points in the Conversation with The HOW of Business:
- Barbara’s career journey in the corporate world and building her own business accidentally
- How Barbara felt overwhelmed after leaving corporate life with all the opportunities showing and wanting to be a mum
- Her success with Digital Marketing
- What a virtual assistant is and how she decided on what service to offer
- Building a scalable business with the help of VAs
- Helping clients get set up and getting a VA
- The importance of mindset to get things right
- Recruiting a virtual assistant
- Creating space and time to grow
- The fear of losing an employee or your VA
- Services offered at The Virtual Hub