Rhett Power with Barbara Turley on Power Lunch Live
Need help with social media and digital marketing? Thursday on Power Lunch Live at noon EST I have Barbara Turley CEO, The Virtual Hub
Offshore outsourcing is touted as the panacea for business overwhelm, cost efficiency and business scalability. And while all of that is true, there are a lot of areas that trip up even the most experienced business operators.
There are many layers to get through before you even start working with a virtual assistant or an offshore team. The recruitment and training phases are critical to get right, not to mention the selection, onboarding, ongoing training, development and HR management needs. We will talk with Barbara about how her company helps solve your digital marketing needs so you can focus on what you do well.
Key Points in the Conversation with Rhett Power of Power Lunch Live:
- How Barbara Turley created The Virtual Hub by accident
- What to look for in a virtual assistant
- Why Barbara focuses on training virtual assistants
- Is a virtual assistant really what you need
- Determine how many hours of work do you need from a virtual assistant
- The advantages of having office-based virtual assistants over home-based virtual assistants
- How often should you communicate with your virtual assistant
- What tasks can I delegate to a virtual assistant
- How long it would take to onboard a virtual assistant
“Hiring a virtual assistant is not as simple as going online and finding someone there, there’s a whole gamut of things that have to go right in order for you to be successful at this”
“Training helps us weed out who’s any good, what you find sometimes is people with no experience come out the best because you train them yourself. They’ve got the right work ethic, the right character, the right enthusiasm, and the right smarts”